Theresa Bernsen Endowed Memorial Award
This scholarship will support a student in physical therapy entering their PY II or PY III year who exemplifies academic integrity and effort as did Theresa Bernsen. Theresa Bernsen was among the first Honors Student Program graduates in Physical Therapy and joined the PT faculty as a lab assistant in 1991. Theresa was the first member of her family to graduate with a college degree. Eligible applicants must have a declared major in Physical Therapy and be considered a first- generation college student (your parents did not earn a college degree). Applicants must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate or post-bac GPA of 2.7. Your annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is one tool used to determine need. This information must be on file with the SLU Financial Aid office to be considered for an award. Please note the number and dollar amount of scholarships will vary. If you have any questions, please contact Jill Fitzgerald at 314-977-8756 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Award amounts will vary based on applicant pool
- Doisy College of Health Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Why do you seek Financial Assistance?
- What is your alternative plan if you do not receive this scholarship?
- Write a brief statement concerning your immediate and long-range plans for your career in physical therapy.
- Briefly explain your financial situation and why you are requesting financial assistance at this time.
- Please describe any additional information that could be helpful as scholarship decisions are made (unforeseen circumstances, other sources of financial aid not listed before, etc)
- Please describe future loan debt encurred for educational purposes (government and personal loans)
- Please list any scholarships and/or grants you are currently receiving from an outside source.
- Please list current TOTAL loan debt for your education as of today.