Student Emergency Relief Fund (SERF)
This fund is to provide one-time financial assistance to students experiencing economic hardship directly resulting from an emergency, accident, or another unexpected critical incident. Students should only apply if they have exhausted all other forms of financial aid (i.e., student loans) through the University.
Please note: Student Financial Services (SFS) is consulted in this application process and you may receive outreach from a SFS member to better assist you.
Typical uses of funds could include:
- Medications and other costs related to medical care
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family
- Assistance with rent, utilities, food and other essential household expenses
Funds CANNOT be used to pay tuition/fees balances.
Awards are limited to $1,000 – a student may only receive the SERF award once during their tenure at Saint Louis University.
A W-9 form must accompany all requests. The W-9 Taxpayer Identification and Certification form can be found at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf. Please note: Receipts are required for all purchases made with the award funds.